Lighting advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josh-shoot2kill

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm new to keeping fish infact I have none yet I'm still getting the tank ready. Do you have to have lights in a tank? I'll be keeping cold water fish along the lines of white cloud mountain minnows.

lighting isn't really a problem for fish only tanks, it's only when u start adding live plants to it, that you'll need a higher lighting. but if you've just got fish in there, the hood and light that comes with the tank will do the job

JokerWx13 said:
lighting isn't really a problem for fish only tanks, it's only when u start adding live plants to it, that you'll need a higher lighting. but if you've just got fish in there, the hood and light that comes with the tank will do the job

That's the problem the tank has no built in light, the only light reaching the tank is from a window across the room. Thankfully I have no fish in there yet do its no problem if light is required I can pick on up easily.

that might mess with the fishes ability to tell night from day so you should get a light, just don't worry about how strong it is and get a fluorescent bulb that fits your tank

Okay thanks for the advice joker the fishes body clock and recognition of time was not something I considered. I'll be picking one up tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom