Lighting controller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Alright I need some tech advice. I have a Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Plus. I really would like to have a timer that I could program to turn start the lights on moonlight then switch to dawn/dusk mode them to daylight then to dawn/dusk then to moonlight again. Anyone know how to do this? I am on a budget so it has to be cheap lol
Thanks and God bless!

There is this:

Typhon LED Controller

I use it on my DIY LED fixture... the caveat for your fixture would be you would have to determine if the drivers are dimmable, and are they PWM?

How is this fixture setup? I see that it has a remote control, but are the individual LED colors each controlled by a separate plug in? If that is the case you could use simple outlet timers to achieve the affect you want.

There is this:

Typhon LED Controller

I use it on my DIY LED fixture... the caveat for your fixture would be you would have to determine if the drivers are dimmable, and are they PWM?

How is this fixture setup? I see that it has a remote control, but are the individual LED colors each controlled by a separate plug in? If that is the case you could use simple outlet timers to achieve the affect you want.

.......I understood LED, dimmable, and remote control lol Im sorry I know nothing about electronics! I can dim each individual led with the remote but it just has one plug. Does that help?

Yes - without a good understanding of electrical circuits, and with all LEDs being on a single plug in, it is going to be pretty difficult to achieve what you are trying to achieve. It would require some significant modification to the fixture.

Yes - without a good understanding of electrical circuits, and with all LEDs being on a single plug in, it is going to be pretty difficult to achieve what you are trying to achieve. It would require some significant modification to the fixture.

I am definetly not willing to modify the fixture.... i would most likely not get it working again. Plus I have a bad habit of catching elechronics on fire.....

There is a diy option to totally control that light automatically and have it cycle through a normal day/night cycle. Its on another forum Guide: Arduino based LED controller for Current Satellite LED+ I haven't tried it yet but plan to. It is a standalone thing also, no modifications to the ficture needed. Also if you wait a few months Current USA is making a timer for it that is supposed to do the same thing. It will most likely cost more but will be directly from the manufacturer. They recently released a timer but it does not control the moonlight features. The pro version that they are working on is said to control that though. The last couple of pages on the following post talk about the timer a little bit with some information from current usa. Current USA PRODUCT LAUNCH

If cheap is important then the diy route would probably be cheaper and they guys who developed it seem to be freindly and helpful from reading through the thread

Last edited:
There is a diy option to totally control that light automatically and have it cycle through a normal day/night cycle. Its on another forum Guide: Arduino based LED controller for Current Satellite LED+ I haven't tried it yet but plan to. It is a standalone thing also, no modifications to the ficture needed. Also if you wait a few months Current USA is making a timer for it that is supposed to do the same thing. It will most likely cost more but will be directly from the manufacturer. They recently released a timer but it does not control the moonlight features. The pro version that they are working on is said to control that though. The last couple of pages on the following post talk about the timer a little bit with some information from current usa. Current USA PRODUCT LAUNCH

If cheap is important then the diy route would probably be cheaper and they guys who developed it seem to be freindly and helpful from reading through the thread

Thanks! Maybe Ill brave up and try the DIY. That thread has alot of techy talk in it though! Lol

Ya it has tons of techy stuff but if it overall it seems pretty simple to build and they work out the programing bugs for you if you find one so really its just putting it together correctly. I like the idea of it and one of the guys even added a temperature readout to it. Theres someone on here that used a similar setup to fully automate his tank and have it stream the info online so he could monitor it while he was away. I can look for it in a few hours and post it also.

Back
Top Bottom