Lighting fixture for a 125g- should I buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
Thats exactly what I was thinking. i think i can get it at a good price too I bet. Just wanna make sure its gonna be what I need. i don't even have the tank yet. LOL

Says that the seller ended the auction because the item is no longer available. $600 seems awfully high for a used fixture. Also, I would be extremely wary of sending $680 to a seller with 4/4 feedback... just sayin'. ;)

*edit* Apparently the light has been relisted with a starting price of $500 and a BIN of $650. I can't imagine that you would need 14x39W bulbs over your tank... how large is the tank?

Last edited:
Oh wow the bidding must have gone up. It was $20 last time I checked this morning. i figured more light the better. It would be going over a 125g reef. :)

Wow, I seriously didn't see that in the title until now. One of those days I guess. :p

Have you thought about just going with MH? I can't imagine that it would cost a whole lot more to run 3 MH and supplemental actinics vs. 14 T5 HO. Also, the cost of MH replacement bulbs is awful, but wow... 14 T5 HO bulbs... that's a scary thought!

*edit* Do you have a local aquarium club? FL is one of the cheapest areas in the country as far as fish and equipment... maybe you could find a better deal from a club member, minus the $80 shipping. LOL

Yeah, i need to look more locally I guess to get a really good deal. Thanks for the response, i appreciate the input.

Back
Top Bottom