Lighting for 100g.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrutusPleco

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently bought a used 100 gal. tank. It had been saltwater and I'm changing to freshwater. It has the glass covers on top. What kind of light fixture should I get? I'm looking at strip lights since I have the glass covers, A right and left separate from one another with a center support brace. The aquarium is 60 inches long. Been thinking about a 48 inch Jebo Aquarium High Compact Light w 4 55 watt bulbs. Saw them on E-Bay for $77. Or can you recommend a good strip light? Thank you for any info you can give! :)
Will have the following fish in the tank:

3 Plecostamus
3 Large Silver Dollars
4 Black Tetras
5 Neon Tetras

Are you looking at having a planted tank or just merely lights to illuminate the tank? There are plenty of options for lighting but running a tank that size might get kind of spendy. Personally I run 2 Coralife 2x65 over my 80 and I'm looking at getting a co2 setup with that many watts.
If you do go planted make sure the lights you get have 6700k bulbs not the actinic.Coralife striplights for fw planted are sold as Coralife freshwater aqualight

Back
Top Bottom