Lighting for 120 gallon Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

S3Reefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
Dimensions are: 60L 18W 24H

I want that sunrise and sunset feature! I am looking at the taotonics dimmable led reef fixture (2 of them)

Pleas help me on what the best fixture would be!!!

My budget for the light is $450.. I am also looking at either;

2 Kessil A150W speciap blend aquarium led lighting

OR

1 Kessil Tuna Blue Dimmable special blend led lighting.

I plan on keeping my Green bubble tip anemone and LPS Corals and soft corals (LPS Dominant)
NO SPS

it doesn't work with just 1 fixture of any of most listed, you will need at least 2. by only using 1, you are going to have pretty big shadow area on the sides. I believe Kessil would need a add on controller to provide you sunrise and sunset.
80% of the " Taotronic" doesn't come with the sunrise sunset and only has the manual dim. So you can't really do that as well ( unless you sits next to your light to turn the dimming knot up and down lol)
The taotronic might work as I thought u were talking about the TTA09. the TTA05 works to cover larger area, but do you have a center bracer?

Ohhh... allright.. would 2 tao tronics work? The 120 watt ones..

The kessil says it will cover a 6 foot diameter?? Maybe exaggeration on their part.

Do you have lights that you sell that you would reccomend foe my tank dimmension?
Thank you

I'm loking at purchasing the light fixture hipefully by April though..

So hopefully you will continue to make them by then :)

I have a 48 in aquatic life knock off light.. it is a 6bulb t5ho with a timer and cooling fans.. when the time comes would u bw interested in trading for my fixture?
Thank you

lol it might cost a lot more fo you to ship to me rather than try to sell it local tbh

I know right.. but if shipping costed less then the lgihts you are seling... I guess it would still be worth it.. lol
Just let me know what you would give me if you wanted to trade anyways I guess. Lol

Thanks for your help on this!

Back
Top Bottom