Lighting for 150 gallon 48x24x30 tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScaryFatKidGT

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I can't deside what to go with, I want low-med light no CO2. Jungle Val, Javafern/moss maybe some crypts i haven't decided on.

Currently have a Pleco, rainbow shark, pictus cat and 9 Lake Kutubu rainbowfish.

For LED's I originally narrowed it down to either the Ecoxotic E series or the Marineland planted tank light but would 2 Ecoxotics be enough? and would 2 marinelands be to much? These are very expensive and I would probably have to buy one at a time.

I really want something with a timer and moonlight LED's but not superbright reef ones.

How many HO T5's would I need? 2x dual fixtures or would I need 2x quad fixtures? or one of each? This seems more expencive in the long run with power usage around 4x the LED's and the price of bulbs but I like how they make a lot of different bulbs to pick from, with LED's your stuck with what they give you, besides the Aqueon modular LED's but those aren't bright enough.

This is the T5 I like the most right now AquaticLife T5 HO Light Fixture W/ Lunar LEDs - Freshwater but would I need 2 of them?

Also I'm planning on getting a 48x18x18 custom tank for hillstream loaches that I want to run an Ecoxotic on and I might get one and try it on my big tank because I will eventually use it on this tank but I could also go with a dual T5 fixture.

haelpah

I think 2 dual fixtures would be better than 1 for but no dual fixture I see has a timer.

Are you wanting a maintanence free tank as far as ferts and glut?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Are you wanting a maintanence free tank as far as ferts and glut?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
whats gluts? I'm ok with useing root tabs (already have some) and some Fluval plant stuff/flourish, I just see people talking about mesuring and dosing nitrates and iron and measuring Co2 that all seems crazy, I want plants to support my fish and make more of a biotope environment not to make completion winning plants lol.

WTF is that? Is that like a double bright with a timer? I was looking at the planted tank light. I always thought the "strip light" was like a little stick on strip or something.

whats gluts? I'm ok with useing root tabs (already have some) and some Fluval plant stuff/flourish, I just see people talking about mesuring and dosing nitrates and iron and measuring Co2 that all seems crazy, I want plants to support my fish and make more of a biotope environment not to make completion winning plants lol.

WTF is that? Is that like a double bright with a timer? I was looking at the planted tank light. I always thought the "strip light" was like a little stick on strip or something.

I can only go by what I read, the double bright is 6000k and 1800 lumens, this new one is 7500k and 2640 lumens. Maybe they listen to customers that liked their lights but wanted it to be on a timer.

If the T5 HO light on my 120 gallon goes out this is the one I would get.

Well the other thing is I want the light on a lot like 10-12 hours so I don't want it too bright.

I was set on getting the Marineland aquatic plant light and Dr fosters has a sale on right now and now that I'm ready to pull the trigger I'm second guessing it and thinking that I maybe should get 2 Ecoxotic's or a quad T5 H0

I mean it is a 24" thick tank

So I found someone selling a 6xT5 aquatic life fixture and was wondering could I just use 4 bulbs in the outer sockets? Would that wreck anything? Then if thats not enough light I will add 2 more, that way I kind of get my timer and my 2 dual light fixtures.

Back
Top Bottom