Lighting for 40G Fish Only Brackish Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Legacy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm trying to put together a lighting setup for my Fish Only Brackish Tank. As far as I know I shouldn't need any kind of special lighting, right? My used canopy came with 2 fixtures, 24" & 30", and they both say 660W/600V on the ends of each fixture. However the ballast says 120V/60Hz/30A.

Question is what is my best option. I'm not keeping any plants and I'm stocking it with archerfish which really don't have any brilliant colors. I had kinda heard that maybe some bulbs from Home Depot were my best bet. Doesn't seem like 30" bulbs are that common in aquarium lighting.

I just noticed that this metal cylinder on the end of one of the fixtures reads 25W. That must mean that it uses 25W bulbs... am I even anywhere close? These fixtures seem pretty cheap.

what is the #'s on the ballast.. there should be a #-F##T# set of numbers on the ballast.. the largest set after the F would be fine.. 30 Amps seems like alot to me..

Back
Top Bottom