Lighting For 55 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello there! I have my 55 gallon up and running currently and my lights on it have died. I had gotten the lights from the person that sold me the tank back in July. It has a smaller hood on it that the tanks actual size. The hood is meant for a 45 gallon tank. What I am looking for is reccomendations for a good bulb.

I'm not planning on going overboard on planting. Actually I don't plan on doing any CO2, some liquid ferts and root tabs would be about the extent of my plans. I'm just looking for some nice lights that would suppy some light to my plants. I might have some medium light plants, but I don't want to spend too much! So what bulbs do you all reccomend? Thanks!!!:flowers:

Home Depot and Lowes sell some fairly cheap 4' 2 bulb fixtures. Could put any combination of lights (temp wise) in them. I'm planning on using one over my 75g tank in the near future.

meegosh said:
Home Depot and Lowes sell some fairly cheap 4' 2 bulb fixtures. Could put any combination of lights (temp wise) in them. I'm planning on using one over my 75g tank in the near future.

Cool! Thanks a ton! I'll have too look around there the next time I go:)

Back
Top Bottom