Lighting for a 2ft high tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium_Lover04

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 24" long x 14'' wide x 18" high tank and was planning for it to be heavily planted with a CO2 system as well. I was considering a metal halide lamp I found on special online LINK: Clamp Halide Lamp
Would this be too much? Or would a simple T5 HO unit be best? If so, how many bulbs would be best?

Any help greatly appreciated :D

just hang a couple of par 38 LED lights over it. about the same par as the MH without the heat. I found some that are dimmable locally for like 40 apiece, woot woot score! plants love them.

tdwright1971 said:
just hang a couple of par 38 LED lights over it. about the same par as the MH without the heat. I found some that are dimmable locally for like 40 apiece, woot woot score! plants love them.

Thanks so much, I'll look out for some LED lighting now :D

metal halide lights are great although the new thing is led ive always preffered the oldschool lighting but all of them would work fine although if your planning on loading it w plants id try to do more than 2 t5s there are plenty of 24" fixtures on ebay with 4 t5 HO lights that would also do well. theyre also some with 4 t5s under 100 dollars.

metal halide lights are great although the new thing is led ive always preffered the oldschool lighting but all of them would work fine although if your planning on loading it w plants id try to do more than 2 t5s there are plenty of 24" fixtures on ebay with 4 t5 HO lights that would also do well. theyre also some with 4 t5s under 100 dollars.

Thanks, I think I probably might go for T5s considering I don't really know much about LEDs (and there pretty expensive anyway :p )

Back
Top Bottom