lighting for coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

i have the Coralife Lunar Aqualights Compact Fluorescent Strip Lights (48") what livestock can i have in my tank. corals/anemones

What size tank do you have? What wattage are the bulbs and how many bulbs? With this info we can give you a general idea.

is it the 4x65 or 4x96? that and the thing about your tank size.

pretty much any soft coral or LPS. I wouldn't put any anemones in there that's just me though.

pretty much any soft coral or LPS.

Agreed. I've got 4 x 65's on a 72g. Got xenia out the whazzoo, shrooms, ricordias, star polyps, leathers, frogspawn, hammer - - even got a deresa clam been doing fine for 2 years on the bottom of the tank.

Also, I'd recommend Eric Borneman's Coral book for more research. Gives you the skinny on various coral with care and lighting requirements.

I use the same setup and keep lots of softies (shrooms, leathers, zoos, star polyps..) and a hammer coral as well as anemones. There are anemone's that would do well under those lights (bta, lta) but I wouldn't suggest getting one til the tank is good and stable, 9-12mo down the road.

Back
Top Bottom