Lighting for my 29gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Civicman86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Th tank is 30'' long and it seems im very limited just becuase that. I cant seem to find any 30''. Most are 24 or 36.

I was thinking of using the Sattelite fixutre like I have/had on my 10gallon tank.

Specs:
30"---2-65 watt

Can anyone suggest another type of lighting if they think one is better than the satelite?

Current USAs are good fixtures.

You can sometimes use a 24" fixture if they ship with legs. You will loose light due to the mounting height though

What are you thinking of keeping in this tank? You don't necessarily have to go with power compacts you could go with vho or metal halide.

I think you can get a MH PC combo fixture that is 30" from aquatraders.com, and the price is great. I have heard but not experienced customer service issues with them and that some of te units may have problems. Some people have said the units had problems, and others say they work great. I just bought a 72" 3x175 with 4x65w Actinic PCs and 12 moonlights all delivered for under $500. It is worth a shot since all the other fixtures of this size are nearly $1000.

Hmm I might check that out Madman. I would love to run MH but I cant seem to bring myself to pay that much money for a light for this size tank. When I get a bigger tank when I get my own crib then I will go all out. I love the light my PC lights put out on my 10 gallon.

EDIT :I just looked on their site and the fixtures that have the MH and CP lights are all 36''. :( They are great prices too!

Also about the question on what I want to keep in it. Anything lol. I think alot of it will determine what light I can get available without having to sell a arm and leg.

i have the same freaking problem with my 29 gallon the 30 inch lights are so hard to find i think im just going to cheap out and buy the odyssea 30 inch power compact light for 65 dollars its 130 watts

Back
Top Bottom