Lighting for my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aaronalam

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey,

Recently picked up a new 90litre tank:

Betta Lifespace Aquarium 90 L Silver

Nice looking tank when it's setup, only problem now is the lighting, it has 2x20w T8 bulbs, I cant find ANY decent 20w T8 bulbs to put in there, anyone got any idea on where to get some?

Found a nice set of 15w T8 but, can't get them in 20w :(

Failing all above, I'll just have to get some T5 setup, didn't want to as the hood is built in etc...

Ok seriously, this tank has 2x20w T8 bulbs, I can't find a SINGLE 20w T8 bulb anywhere!

Do they even exist?!

ouch ... that may be tough to come by? Sorry .. I'm not much good here. I'm assuming you've had no luck finding anything online?

Nowhere at all, not a single 20w T8 bulb, I guess I'll have to just change my lighting, just crazy that I can't find a single bulb!

:facepalm: ... a few things worst in this hobby than having a perfectly good hood you can use. Yep ... sounds like you may have to invest in a T5.

Good luck!

Really? I've just been looking for 20w bulbs, I'll measure it asap and see what I come up with.

Thanks for that input - It will probably help alot.

Thanks for that link, onto something now!

Just measured bulb as best I can with it still in the housing, it comes in at about 23/24" so I'll assume 24" including the pins.

Might help my search now if I look for 24" T8 bulbs.

Measured the bulb, its 22.8", 580MM

Odd size, hard to find any bulbs for it aswell, I thought about just moving the connectors so I can fit some smaller bulbs at about 18/20w ?

Anything T5!

Any thoughts on this idea? I could easier add in 3 T5 bulbs, only 8w bulbs though?

So, keep the 2x20 T8 and add 3x8w T5, would that be worth doing?

From all that I have read, stay from Odyssea. Aqua Traders have them at a good price but are they junk? I don't know. I sent an email to Aqua Traders and no one there has had the stones to write me back about their products. So I figure that they are junk. "That Fish Place" has a Nova Eztreme T5 for $99.00 that I am thinking about buying. I have never heard of Nova either, like everything else I think it is a crap shoot!!! Good Luck yourself GoldieLocks1

I think Nova also Nova Extreme is apparently a good one, I hear quite a few people talk about them. I just can't find anything on lights. I think I will make a thread quickly.

The nova extrem pro is an excellent product. I own the 12 bulb setup myslef.

I also have owned the cheap odyssea and believe it or not, they are not that bad. The legs are a little weird but it puts out a decent amount of light. I grew many corals under the one I bought for less than $100US.

So don't discount them right off, they have their place if your just starting out.

I''ve emailed the seller of the odyssea on ebay and gotten quick repsosnes. Might wanna try there first

Aquarium Lights

Hi Carey
Like I stated earlier, Aqua Traders won't give me a reply. Figure that out!!! I am going to see if I can find any contact info for Oydssea and write or call them directly.
Thanks for the info on Nova as well.
Rick

Back
Top Bottom