Lighting for sps tanks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I'm building a 75g bare bottom sps/lps tank. Will a 6bukb t5ho fixture give me the light I need for this? Or do I need more bulbs? Please let me know what you think. I don't want to spend the money on LEDs and mh get to hot for my room so I don't want to have those. The fixture will have all ati bulbs in it to increase the par of the lights.

I believe the depth of a 75 is 20"? And I run a 36" 6 bulb tek elite on my 46 which is 21" deep and I am getting growth all the way to about 18"-19" down on my sps so it should be just fine but wouldn't compare to running 2 MHs

I'm not to sure when it comes to MH I only run t5s until leds become a lil cheaper and stronger but I'm sure someone with experience in that lighting will let you know soon

I would think 2 or 3, but I am a novice reefer... you might want to check out Mr. X's build thread (I think it is called "Doug's 220 in wall build" or something like that. He has a lot of discussion about the lights in there, as well as PAR measurements he took. I think he did 6 on his 220, but I could be off on that.

You could check out the taotronics LED fixtures on eBay. Mr. X is using them on his 220 with great results. They fit well within your budget for lighting.

TaoTronics 120W Aquarium Coral Reef Tank White Blue LED Grow Light- White | eBay

And one with a little more blue:
Aquarium Coral Reef Tank black Blue LED Grow Light 120W | eBay

I am super interested in these lights all the info I can get about these I'm interested in. I'd think 2 of these would be just fine over my tank.

I decided I am going to get 2 of these lights the bluer ones. They have great reviews and based off Mr x par ratings it should do great for my sps reef.

I also have one of these fixtures for my 60g tank. :) Sounds like a good setup for your needs.

Good luck!

I also have one of these fixtures for my 60g tank. :) Sounds like a good setup for your needs.

Good luck!

Yeah I'm really excited about these lights. Iv been dying to get less but they just weren't in my budget until someone pointed me to these. I read Greg reviews about then and mr. X's par readings sold them for me. My room will be cool again!

Back
Top Bottom