Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Lighting help.....

I am putting timers on my lights today and was wondering how to set the timers to be optimal for my tank...... There will be 3 different timers.... One for the LED night lights very few, one for the blue actinic lights, and one for the bright white ones. What's the best amount of time to have each of them on? I also have a small light that is over my sump for my refugium..... Which light should it be hooked in with?!?!

Old 06-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

what i would do is have you lights on for about 8 hour. in the morning or whenever you choose put your 8 hours in start of with the moon light turning on then have after about a half hour have the actinics turn on then after another half hor have the 10,000k turn on. then an hour and a half befir they turn off have the same transition off but backwords. the sump light i think should be on when your main display lights are off. this will keep your ph stable.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elykreefs97 View Post
what i would do is have you lights on for about 8 hour. in the morning or whenever you choose put your 8 hours in start of with the moon light turning on then have after about a half hour have the actinics turn on then after another half hor have the 10,000k turn on. then an hour and a half befir they turn off have the same transition off but backwords. the sump light i think should be on when your main display lights are off. this will keep your ph stable.
Ok.... I've got them set up to come on in stages.... When the day lights come on do I just leave the other 2 on also? It seems to look better when they are all on. Thanx for you help!
Old 06-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

you can leave them all on. but thoon lights are not nesicisary but they wont waste any energy there only LEDs right?
Old 06-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yes they are LED.... And they don't seem to do anything with the others on so I think I'll just set those to turn off. Thanx again!
Old 06-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

sounds good. and no problem

Tags
light, lighting, lighting help

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com