Lighting help.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ff.rice

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am putting timers on my lights today and was wondering how to set the timers to be optimal for my tank...... There will be 3 different timers.... One for the LED night lights very few, one for the blue actinic lights, and one for the bright white ones. What's the best amount of time to have each of them on? I also have a small light that is over my sump for my refugium..... Which light should it be hooked in with?!?!

what i would do is have you lights on for about 8 hour. in the morning or whenever you choose put your 8 hours in start of with the moon light turning on then have after about a half hour have the actinics turn on then after another half hor have the 10,000k turn on. then an hour and a half befir they turn off have the same transition off but backwords. the sump light i think should be on when your main display lights are off. this will keep your ph stable.

what i would do is have you lights on for about 8 hour. in the morning or whenever you choose put your 8 hours in start of with the moon light turning on then have after about a half hour have the actinics turn on then after another half hor have the 10,000k turn on. then an hour and a half befir they turn off have the same transition off but backwords. the sump light i think should be on when your main display lights are off. this will keep your ph stable.

Ok.... I've got them set up to come on in stages.... When the day lights come on do I just leave the other 2 on also? It seems to look better when they are all on. Thanx for you help!

you can leave them all on. but thoon lights are not nesicisary but they wont waste any energy there only LEDs right?

Back
Top Bottom