Lighting How much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blithespirit

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a RIO 125 (125L / 33G) which comes with 2 X 18W T8 tubes (one blue one white) and have 2 X 54W T5 (Blue & white).
At the present I have 2 neon Damsels, two Turbo Snails and a small Crab (somewhere in LR) I indend on obtaining some soft corals but wants to make sure I do not overdo/underlight the tanks. halides are not possible at the present as I cannot suspend them.

Algea seem to like the light and feather dusters + green leaves are popping out of my LR nicely, tank is nearly three months old, NO2 is just coloured in test tube and NO3 is same, Ammonia wont seem to go clear but is just foggy (opaque) and PH is 8, sg is 1.023, fluval 304 plus Juwel filtration, 10KG LR (mixed Fiji and Indo), shallow sand bed and Prizm skimmer with carbon..
tests are consistant (NO2/3 drops after WC)

Is this enough or too much?

Thanks in advance

Sounds like you have enough light for some soft corals to me. Not sure what kind of test you are using on your water but if you have any NO2 and NH3 you need to get that cleared up before adding anything. Also your ph is a little low. What is your CA level?

Back
Top Bottom