Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-14-2005, 01:26 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Lighting Idea/Question

Here is a question regarding lighting ... again...

I have done some searches and tried to piece some answers together, but I think the best thing to do is to just ask to make sure so I don't assume.

I can build a canopy for the tank if need be. And, after reading another post about the Coralife aqualight only being able to support some of the lesser light needy anems, would i be better off "bang for the buck" to build the canopy and buy "retrofit kits?"

The tank ranges that I am currently looking at is 29-55 gal. I am really thinking that I will like more of the reef setup rather then fish... i.e. I don't have to have fish swimming everywhere.

mykpoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 11:55 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to pearsont74 Send a message via Yahoo to pearsont74
It really all depend on the look you want...stand and hood wise....
I have a customer stand and a hood to match....it wouldnt look right if i have no hood and a light strip so a retro kit is what i am goin with. You can build a nice custom hood for about $30 for that size and get a retro kit to fit
You also have the ablity to incorporate a fan in the hood where if most of the light strips have fans but not to blow over the water
being in fla you will ahve heat issues as I do...I have to run a fan over my tank to keep it from gettin too hot
check my site out --> www.coppernreef.com
pearsont74 is offline   Reply With Quote

light, lighting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com