Lighting issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TraceyB4602

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We bought a 100g tank yesterday and the light was working just fine. Now this morning when we went to turn it on it it won't. We checked to make sure it wasn't lose and we took out the bulb and put it back in. It flickers a little but then won't turn on all the way. What I'm wondering is if it is the bulb or the lighting fixture?
Edit* it is the standard lighting that comes with all tank hoods.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Picture

Attachments

• image-3928406250.jpg
    image-3928406250.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 103
  • image-1856233896.jpg
    image-1856233896.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 78
Crepe said:
How old is the bulb? How old is the fixture itself? The ballast might have died.

I don't know how old it is I bought it off someone. Is there a way to fix the ballast I it's that?

You'd be best off buying a new fixture if it's the ballast is dead. I'd test to see if the bulb is burnt out. Is the glass at the ends of the bulbs black/brown?

Crepe said:
You'd be best off buying a new fixture if it's the ballast is dead. I'd test to see if the bulb is burnt out. Is the glass at the ends of the bulbs black/brown?

We just bought a new fixture for 40 bucks! Cheap but from a LFS so it's guaranteed. And it's all black so it looks better. Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom