Lighting problems/ questions for a reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irishmike7979

Aquarium Advice Regular
There is actually two parts that I need help with:

1 One of my light bulbs died on me and I want to replace all four. The problem is I don't know what to get I see alot of people getting 2 ati blu + & 2 ati aqua blue specials. Will this be good enough for my corals in my 55 gallon long? I've seen a bunch of people mentioning purple as well would there be any reason to go one blu one purple?

2 the LEDs on this light fixture keep blinking sporadically is there any way to fix this?

image-3883984528.jpg

Irishmike7979 said:
There is actually two parts that I need help with:

1 One of my light bulbs died on me and I want to replace all four. The problem is I don't know what to get I see alot of people getting 2 ati blu + & 2 ati aqua blue specials. Will this be good enough for my corals in my 55 gallon long? I've seen a bunch of people mentioning purple as well would there be any reason to go one blu one purple?

2 the LEDs on this light fixture keep blinking sporadically is there any way to fix this?

The LED's blinking sporadically meaning like a stone light effect? If yes then that mean A.) the LED's are going bad and need to be replaced or B.) there is a loose connection. BUT IME with LED's it usually means they are on there way out.

ATI Bulbs I would HIGHLY recommend! Color is really up to you and what type of corals you have as far what you want to pop. I'm new to saltwater but I can tell you I have ATI bulbs on my 75 gallon Cichlid tank and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!

I have 2 aquablue specials, 1 purple plus and 1 blue plus. The colors are amazing.

Back
Top Bottom