lighting Q.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dtprkr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gallon tank with some zoo's, a frogspawn, and a finger leather. Under the current lighting that I have ( 260 watt PC... 2-10k and 2-acntic) the color on my zoo's doesn't pop out nice and bright. Do I need to change the PC bulbs to somethin different or upgrade from PC's altogether. I would just like for my zoo's colors to look more like neon if possible.

thanks
dtprkr

How old are the lights? Age of lights can affect efficiency sometimes. Did they “pop” in the past?

I bought the PC's used... the bulbs are about 7 months old. Since the corals have grown enough... the color of them never have seem to "pop".

thanks,
dtprkr

Would you guys recommend replacing them with the same 10k and actinic or something different... like a 6500k and actinic 03? Thanks for your time!

dtprkr

From my experience, I would change out the pc pulbs every 6-7 months. The MH seem to do good for about a year.
I like the 50/50 pc bulbs and the actinic. The 10k is too yellow for me. Whatever is pleasing to the eye for you. :)

Mike

Back
Top Bottom