lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
haha, yeah im mostly needing to know what this light would support life wise, i mainly want mushrooms, leathers, and if possible a anemome thats not spelled right lol

Better off going with a 6x39w T5 HO fixture as it would allow you to keep anything you would want. The fixture you posted a link to would be enough for softies and some LPS, not sure about anything else though.

I agree with Thom. You would be OK for soft corals and leathers. Border line for LPS and not enough for an anemone or hard corals. Look into either a 4 bulb T5HO fixture or a 6 bulb if your tank is wide enough to fit it.

The fixtures mfd posted a link to are pretty good. There are other brands, but stay away from Odyssea as they make cheap pieces of junk. I would just go with Current USA as many people have their fixtures and love them so you know they are reliable. TEK would be another good brand, probably a little more expensive though.

Better off going with a 6x39w T5 HO fixture as it would allow you to keep anything you would want. The fixture you posted a link to would be enough for softies and some LPS, not sure about anything else though.

I agree with Thom also. They would do OK for low or moderate light but that`s all. Go with a 4 or 6 lamps.

Depends on what you want to keep. If you want a clam on the bottom or high light sps then you want 7 w/gallon, but that's really just a guideline.

Remember, LFS tend to say anything to sell a product. 6x39w T5 HO would be better in the long run. You can't keep a nem with 2x39w T5 HO either, not enough light. Eventually, you will want SPS or some of the higher light LPS which a 2x39w T5 HO fixture can't support.

The LFS will tell you 2x39w t5's are enough but then when you get higher light demanding corals and they start to die on you then they will recommend the other fixture. There by making you spend more money. I've seen it many times.

Back
Top Bottom