Lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I could probably start a new thread but because it was already mentioned, speaking of yellowish, I noticed when I switched from the coralife bulbs to two geissman true actinics and two 10000k zoomeds my tank got a little yelowish in comparison which bulbs are causing the. The actinics or the day lights?

The fixture I just bought has geismann bulbs and I also noticed there had a yellow hue to them I think it's the 10000's

Good deal for you! Yep, when you go 10k you sometimes get the yellowish hue.

Did you ask how old the bulbs were? Geismanns are good bulbs....

yeah, at a year they'll cause more trouble than help.

I figured to count on $100 for new bulbs, which in the long run is actually cheap. If you get the cheapos for $15 you'll notice the difference and I bet your corals would too. lol

LOL, oh forgot about the extra 2. Youll spend about $135 or so to replace all 6. Thats with shipping, aquacave ships for $5 and they ship their bulbs really really well. I've been scouring the intrnet for ATI bulbs and so far they are the cheapest. Unless you order in quantities over 4 of each bulb then you can get like a buck or two off each bulb at Bulk Reef Supply.

So exciting! I dont' believe you ended up getting the 6 bulb! You are gonna be able to grow most anything you want now.

That's Not too bad for a years worth, thank you for all the money saving tips, I've always heard to never cheap out on lighting, so I think i will be happy with this fixture. And thanks Carey an mr x for helping me out... once again haha

Good luck! Post some before and after pics when you get the new bulbs, you'll be amazed at the difference.
:)

Hey just thought I would jump in here and ask a question. My lfs just got some new bulbs in. They have a purple ish tint to them. They are called color max or something. For bringing out color in the fish. The spectrum looks like it peeks in the red and also in the dark blue kinda like a 50/50. I'm thinking on putting in my fixture , 3 blue, 2 12000k white daylight, 1 color max purple bulb.(a ballast is out so not 8 :( )

Back
Top Bottom