lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish I could help ya, but thank you for showing me where I'm going to buy my new lighting system!

Im only getting the 20" hood. It's odd that in the smaller sizes it tells you which are preferred for plants which are 6500k.

Donkey Gun said:
I wish I could help ya, but thank you for showing me where I'm going to buy my new lighting system!

Im only getting the 20" hood. It's odd that in the smaller sizes it tells you which are preferred for plants which are 6500k.

Yeah idk if one would be enough or if I'd need 2

That would be enough light. But I've heard aquatraders lights are not high quality and super cheap.

Almost all fixtures come with crappy bulbs. Unless you buy a high end ATI or TEK fixture, bulbs will need replaced. Geisemann bulbs aren't terribly expensive,yet theyre the best IMO. My concern is that the fixture has 5' bulbs, so you're going to have a foot of shaded area. Most 6' fixtures have 3' bulbs.

As far as the light, it will work. I kept carpeting plants with 8x24w over a 125, and a 180 is just a wider 125 IIRC. I would look at two 3' fixtures or a better 6' fixture though, if I were you. Two fishneedit 3' 4x39w fixtures hung above the tank would work well IMO.

mfdrookie516 said:
Almost all fixtures come with crappy bulbs. Unless you buy a high end ATI or TEK fixture, bulbs will need replaced. Geisemann bulbs aren't terribly expensive,yet theyre the best IMO. My concern is that the fixture has 5' bulbs, so you're going to have a foot of shaded area. Most 6' fixtures have 3' bulbs.

As far as the light, it will work. I kept carpeting plants with 8x24w over a 125, and a 180 is just a wider 125 IIRC. I would look at two 3' fixtures or a better 6' fixture though, if I were you. Two fishneedit 3' 4x39w fixtures hung above the tank would work well IMO.

Do you have a link where I can find those fixtures?

Pictures can be deceiving. 80w T5HO bulbs are 60".

www.fishneedit.com is where I get all my T5HO lights. Cheap, quality, and attractive.

Here's what two 2' fixtures look like on a 5' 150g-
img_1695487_0_b95731d8a7529d1a03457484f7b0e02a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom