Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I am no expert on the par that particular corals need, but if those numbers are correct, then you should be able to keep any soft coral and some lps if place them high in the tank, but to be safe, I would stick with softies

Old 05-20-2013, 01:57 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

So I tried out the zoo med coral sun t8 24" bulb with the marineland reef capable led. It definitely didn't do much to bring out the blues in the tank. It was REALLY subtle. So I returned the bulb and want to try two other options. Essentially these would supplement the lighting that I already have.

There is a guy who is willing to sell me a dual t5ho fixture and a 12" Innovative Marine SkkyeLight SingleStrip LED Light actinic light for pretty cheap. Because the marineland led puts out so much light I want some more blues still. I would not use both of those fixtures but could buy them both and choose to use one or the other.

I have a 37 gallon tank which measures in at 30x12x22. I am concerned that the 12" singlestrip will be too narrow yet recognize it is a pretty wide angle led fixture.

If I used the t5 fixture I would try different combinations to see what coloration I could have in the tank.

What would you recommend for getting more blues in the tank? And would either of these options serve to get better growth for corals that demand more light?

Old 05-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm just kind of guessing, but the output is probably going to be the same with those fixtures. If you happy with the marineland that you have now, keep it and just get an led strip for the actinic. Look at marinedepot.com for other options for that before you buy the one you mentioned
Old 05-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks. Any other thoughts on adding the t8 or the innovative marine led?

Tags
light, lighting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com