Lighting question (bulbs)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misscrosson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey, what type of light bulbs do I purchase for my 10gallon tank? It says for 25watt tubular bulbs... but I noticed the current bulbs give the tank a yellowish look... I want something to give it a clear or blueish feel

I was looking on petsmart online (as it's the only pet store near me)... and they have a bulb called marina aqua-glo showcase bulb? or a marina t10 incandescent aquarium light bulb (blue) ... that's the difference?

Is your fixture the one supplied in the hood, that come with most aquarium kits?

I believe the fixture is the one that came with the tank... i bought it second hand, and it takes two bulbs, and one bulb is already burnt out..

If you have the screw-in incandescent fixture, replace the bulbs with some daylight spectrum CFLs. Get 13W or smaller if you don't have live plants. The daylight spectrum will make the tank look much more blue and appealing.

the ones from walmart are pretty good,, they are bright white(like l.e.d.) and my girlfriend wishes i could make the rest of my tanks look like it. for $5-6 a pop its equal to buying a fancy fluorescent, but woth it, i have anubias and its doing fine. cant recomend it for higher than low level plants .

Back
Top Bottom