Lighting Recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike333

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am looking to upgrade my lighting fixture. I would like a power compact unit with legs since I don't have a glass top. My tank is a 72 bowfront, so I will need 48 inch power compact. Any recommendations on brands or set ups. I have live rock, mushrooms, polyps, xenia, and fish. I want to add an anemone in time.
Thanks.

I started with the Interpet T5 Luminaire (4 x 36W), and had nothing but trouble with it. Bulb kept blowing, elements failed, one even burst into flames (really!!)!

My LFS has since swapped it for an Arcadia T5 Luminaire (4 x 54W), which is working a treat. I have to say I was getting sceptical about T5's in general, but the Arcadia one is excellent!!

Go for 2 x Marine White and 2 x Marine Blue and you won't be dissapointed.

Check out www.aquaplumbers.com they have some different models and ideas. if you have any questions please pm me. I use VHO and I love it, but aquaplumbers offers a 220w pc for like $150 or something like that. that is a great price. I paid like $300 for my pc and $350 for my VHO. I regret the pc because of the cost, but if I would have got it for $150 I wouldn't have.

Back
Top Bottom