Lighting setup? Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheRealFF

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 20 G tank(only 17G filled up). Planning to go with reef and other good stuff. I also have a 65W Corallife aqualight (50/50 i think). I've seen people talking about lunar light and 10,000k light but im not sure what they are talking about. Do i need to add more light for my tank? And what is the schedule i should keep my light on? Thank you so much in advance

http://tricitytropicals.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=485

Here is a good lighting system and you have the choice of either new or refurbished. You can save a lot of money with refurbished products.

Orbit 24 Hour Lighting system allows you to control healthy 24 hour light phases including lunar lighting. It has separate on/off switches for each bulb, giving you opportunity to turn on actinic bulbs without the daylights to similate a dawn and dusk period (before daylights go on and after daylights go off). This will also help avoid fish injuring themselves from the shock of sudden light as well as sudden darkness. You want 10 to 12 hours of light with the first and last hours with actinics only. The lunar light would go on during or after actinics go off and vice versa to turn the lunar light off. This will give the system the needed 8 to 10 hours of full lighting.

HTH.

Back
Top Bottom