LIGHTING TIMES FOR MY REEF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

licreek

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im reading this book on reef keeping and it is giving me a very strict time table for running my 10000k light and my blue light.My problem is te way my lighting is wired and destributed over my tank i have to run the white and blue all at the same time.Will this be ok and if so how many hours a day???I have a total of 220watts for a 58 gal reef...Thanks for any info...Lee

Hi licreek. From what I understand, most people on here have their lights on from 10-12 hours a day. If you don't already have one, get a timer so it will be consistent for your corals and such. Someone else here will be able to give you the exact times they use. I have a FO, but leaning towards a reef everyday. Welcome to AA! :mrgreen:

Mike

When I got my first set of VHO's I had no seperate switch either, so I used a shop light with NO atnics for an hour before the other lights came on and an hour after the went off. Seems to wake them up and put them to sleep so to speak. Then as I got the new sets I put a set of atnics on one set to operate independantly.

I have used 4 VHO 110w lights 2 x actinic 03 2 x actinic white for almost a year. They are all on the same ballast and timer. No 'dawn' / 'dusk' affect. Just on at 7:30AM, off at 8:30PM, thus far, its all good.

Back
Top Bottom