Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBs View Post
The light is extreamlly low quality and for 580$ you can build your own Cree LED fixtures from rapid led
Umm..These are $160.00 shipped. I don't get the comparison.
For $750.00 you can buy an orphek fixture. Why stop at $580.00, and have to put it together?
Nothing in my tank is bleached. You just need to be conscious of acclimation and placement. It's the same as if you were going from power compacts to halides.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

There you have it. When Mr_X and I agree on something, I would bet on it, because we don't agree much of the time...
It keeps things interesting.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thank you mr x and Greg thoughts how I felt...it's not like I'm just going to put in my tank full blast haha I am going to have egg crate under there I don't know how much yet but I'll have a month to ask questions and get advice for that since I won't have the second light til may. I plan on putting several sheets of a diffuser and removing one every week or so
Old 04-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's 580 for two that don't need to be solderd. Theres no need to get defensive what so ever I was just saying that I have read many many bad things about these lights every place other then these lights. To me it just wasnt worth the money to buy something that was obviously low end. The bleaching happens even if it didn't happen in your tank mr x does have a very deep tank compared to a 55g that's why I was saying he should be carful. Just trying to help him out by letting him know thngs that I learned from reading. He can do what ever he wants like I said I seriously considered these lights for my tank until I found other solutions and I was just sharing those with him. The low quality comment was pointed to the fact that they are a low quality led it has nothing to do with the fact they are from china truly but there's no arguing they are low quality or else they wouldn't be 175$ and I'm not suggesting the Cree fixtures are high quality but they will be higher quality. The thing that concerned me the most is that I read the fixture is daisy chained and if one bulb goes out the whole panel goes out.
CleverBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'm considering buying 4 of these led panels but the previous comment states that if One led bulb fails they all go out that would be really tough to figure out which one failed so u can replace it but they are guaranteed for 2 years so I don't know... Also ebay says it only ships those lights to the usa does anyone have a link to somewhere I can but these in ontario canada
Old 04-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #16
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I don't know about shipping to canada, but if an LED light goes out you can test each individual one to see which is creating the issue.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank
I don't know about shipping to canada, but if an LED light goes out you can test each individual one to see which is creating the issue.
It would still b a PITA
Old 04-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #18
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Eh, I just see it as being worse projects...like roofing.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Anyone know if I can even get these lights in canada they are the only reason I'm selling my 50 gallon so I can upgrade the lights on my 70 gallon
Old 04-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

Maybe amazon? And check the dimmable ones on eBay they ship from china so they might be able to

Tags
light, lighting, lighting upgrade, upgrade

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com