Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Freak

i notice there are a few different brands of these lights the link I have is to ledbell not taotronics are they all built the same and just imported under different names?

Old 04-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #42
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by acolotto
So decided to wait until I get both lights but man I wish I had ordered them both at the same time lol. But I think what I'm gonna try is the wax paper because I don't really know where to get the window tint...might be a silly question but should the LEDs make the coral in my corals stand out more? I mean like brighter and have more of a pop? Right now they look ok but would love to have them look like they do when bought or like how I see other peoples tanks with leds
You can get cheap window tint at Walmart, just tape it down, that stuff is probably better suited to this than car windows!

Old 04-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #43
Aquarium Advice Freak

I got my first light in today!!! It was packaged very well came with everything I was told and man this sucker is bright! I'll post some pics of it in a little and I'll be ordering my second and final on Monday and hopefully it will come quicker than this one haha...I'm so excited I feel like a kid on Christmas morning haha
Old 04-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice Freak

Here's some pics...it's to bright to take pics with the lights on though
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1572591095.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	90855   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3778134527.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	90856  

Old 04-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #45
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by acolotto
I got my first light in today!!! It was packaged very well came with everything I was told and man this sucker is bright! I'll post some pics of it in a little and I'll be ordering my second and final on Monday and hopefully it will come quicker than this one haha...I'm so excited I feel like a kid on Christmas morning haha
I feel the same way when I know I'm getting a package in. Makes me want to leave work early, and get home to start playing with my toys!
Old 04-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #46
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yea today's my day off so it was awesome lol
Old 04-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'll be following, to see how it goes for you. With the collective advice on here, your transition should go fine. Good luck!
Old 04-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #48
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ok ordered my last light should be here Friday or Saturday...tomorrows my day off gonna be building a canopy for my 55 any advice?
Old 04-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #49
Aquarium Advice Addict

To house those lights it will have to be tall. I think mine is like 18 inches.. maybe taller and the hanging kit hung them right above the surface of the water.

So unless you build extra tall or make your own hanging kit (like i did with chains), it's not gonna work with those lights.

Also, decide if you want the canopy edge to sit directly on the tank or if you want it to hang over like a lip around the tank. Measure carefully!

Good luck, can't wait to see how it turns out.
scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #50
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yea I am gonna do some messing around with the hanging kit...I'm thinking I want my canopy to be 12 to 16 inches and want the lights to hang 6 inches off the water so reality I'm looking to change the hanging kit to be anywhere from 6 to 10 inches...I was thinking just putting in two hooks a light and have them next to eachother and have it hook into one and have the other one 6 or 10 inches away allowing to take the extra and hanger from the second hook if you get what I mean

Tags
light, lighting, lighting upgrade, upgrade

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com