lighting upgrade help please..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok well i will put the order in please tell what bulbs to get as well i know ati but dont know what colors.. This light well keep anything correct.. Cause i know the 250 watt halides would keep sps and what not..

hmm..i would go with 6 ATI blue plus, 4 ATI aquablue special, and 2 6500k lamps. GE makes them, as do others. you could also substitute those for UVL aquasuns or some other 10k or less lamp. maybe the ATI purple plus or Korallen Zucht Fiji purple.
you are going to want to mix and match till you find the right look, but i think the most important lamps are the blue plus.
Yes, i know a few guys that keep sps under that fixture.
you are going to want to sit it a bit closer to the tank eventually though. perhaps on the tank, with the supplied legs.

Cool i am excited hope it works for tank is a year old had same lights the metal halides so this will be a big switch for everything iam sure

i would start the fixture a bit higher and then lower it down if possible, just so you don't shock the corals. it's going to be a substantial increase.

Back
Top Bottom