Lighting Upgrade - New Lid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vircomore

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Afternoon all,

I've been considering upgrading the lighting on my FW 26gal Bowfront to one of Marineland's double-bright LED kits - however I'm thinking that this is going to require the creation of a custom lid and I'm looking for ideas.

Right now the tank is running on a single NO (what Aqueon called a "full spectrum") FL tube, which came included in the hood and lid fixture.

My question is - what would be the best route for creating a cover for my aquarium, to help keep the fish in while keeping the lightbar dry? I was thinking of taking the existing lid to a hardware store to see if I could get two pieces of glass (or plexi-glass?) cut in the same dimensions and with the same tubing slots as the old lid - a rectangular piece that covers most of the tank and then the front hinged part that goes basically from one end of the "bowfront arc" to the other.

Thanks. ;)

I was able to find an eBay store that re-sells new Aqueon Versa-tops for Bowfronts, which is what brand my aquarium is so it should work pretty well.

Now to research lighting. :)

Back
Top Bottom