Lighting upgrade - recommendations please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GeoMrc

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone, long time reader but finally decided to join and make a post!

I have a question about a lighting upgrade im planning for one of my tanks.

I have a 55 gallon (48" long) that I am starting to plant a bit more - nothing too crazy - I have about 6 plants in there. After having a couple rounds of plants not make it I have decided to purchase a new lighting fixture as the one that came with the tank is no good.

Here is the tricky part - I am planning on replacing this tank in about a year with a 125 gallon tank so I would like to buy a lighting fixture that I would be able to use on this tank and then of course on the 6' long tank.

I have been looking at the Current USA Satellite LED+ as well as the Finnex products.

Any suggestions? Thanks so much!!!!!!

PS. I also posted this under the member intros but i figured I might get more responses here. Thanks again :dance:

Welcome, the current sat would be good in that you could swap tanks very easily with that fixture.. i have one and I really like it.. it would keep you in the low light range though.. a finnex ray 2 would move you up in the lighting range but would not readily transfer to the longer tank.. you could do 2 current sats and be in a good low end medium light area..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the input, I was thinking that but how would it move to the longer tank easily?
I know it has legs that extend, but I dont think they would be long enough to extend - or would i place the light across instead of lengthwise?

Sorry to bug you, but since you have one, how would that be setup? If i buy a second can they lock together to make a longer one?

Also forgot to mention, do you have any other recommendations? :D

The 48-60" extends out to 60. Hers another thought, get 2 30" finnex planted plus!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom