Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #1441
Aquarium Advice Activist

http://www.eshinesystems.com/aqua/4g-40x3w-led-aquarium-light.html
These were what I was originally going to get, what does everyone think of these. 280 US for two units shipped to Canada. I don't like the idea of three cords per unit but it may be the way I have to go to keep costs down and stick with a decent light. My son uses the cree classic on his tank and they do fine. Is there a huge difference between the cree led and the bridgelux? Thanks again for all your advice.

Old 11-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #1442
Aquarium Advice Activist

E.shine Systems - AquaSun 36x6W LED Aquarium Light
ok last post, promise. Thinking maybe just go with two of these. Cree leds then in the fixture. Comes with mounting brackets. Two of these should be plenty for my 90 gallon right? It is 48 wide 18 deep and 26 high I believe. Do you think one fixture would be enough?? I don't have any sps right now and honestly not sure I ever will.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #1443
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

We'll 10 months in and one of my Taos broke today. My whites are totally dead leaving only the blues working. Any advice n how to fix?
Old 11-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #1444
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal-Chin View Post
We'll 10 months in and one of my Taos broke today. My whites are totally dead leaving only the blues working. Any advice n how to fix?
don't they have 1yr warranty?
Old 11-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #1445
Aquarium Advice Addict

Was it an actual "TaoTronics" branded panel, or one of the knock-offs? I don't know if there's a difference, but when it comes to servicing, it might be easier if was a "genuine" Tao. How was it mounted, how high above the water, any salt creep or splash getting into it?

Re: Warranty...Depends on where you bought them. Some have one, some have two. Either way, it should be covered. The logistics of getting it back and repaired could be a nightmare if it has to be shipped to China, and how do you handle lighting the tank in the interim?

This is my #1 concern with these units, as I have a small tank and will only need one set, if it dies, I'm "attached to another object by an inclined plane wrapped helically around an axis".* Buying a spare set is an option, but then I might as well plunk down the cash on a name-brand set....decisions, decisions.

The lighting decision is the only thing keeping me from going FOWLR to reef on my nano.

* "screwed"
Old 11-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #1446
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I don't see a brand on it anywhere. I just happened to have another unit on my other tank that doesn't have sps so I've moved it but now I have a tank set up with no lights. I'll have to now decide if I want to contact the eBay seller or just purchase new lights somewhere...

Either way I'm not happy...
Old 11-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #1447
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal-Chin View Post
I don't see a brand on it anywhere. I just happened to have another unit on my other tank that doesn't have sps so I've moved it but now I have a tank set up with no lights. I'll have to now decide if I want to contact the eBay seller or just purchase new lights somewhere...

Either way I'm not happy...
Thats the biggest issue when buying Ebay stuff or Chinese stuff, is where do you go when they need service
Old 11-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #1448
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I've contacted the seller, we'll see what he says...
Old 11-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #1449
Aquarium Advice Addict

My fingers are crossed for you.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #1450
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Seller is totally cool, I do have to ship it back to him so that'll cost me but he's going to fix it and return in 1 day. No questions asked.

Tags
light, lighting, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com