Lighting your reef... Best bang for your buck.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr x... By any chance do you have par par meter you would mind loaning.. Renting?? Lol nobody within 100 miles of me has one... I am very curious to see what my LEDs are putting out.. My LFS is too.. They keep asking me to find our.. Lol
I have a meter. Where are you located?

I was thinking of turning on the blues then whites. Wouldn't that be enough? I don't think halides or t5s are dimmable either. What is the craze for dimmable?

That's the identical fixture I have over my tank, and that's just how I do it- just as if it was a t5 or halide unit, with 2 timers.
I also have a dimmable model, and a dimmable one with the colors.

Well I ended up with 2 value reefbreeders fixtures, just in case I want to dim them. Plus to deal with a company in the USA. They have the color spectrum I was looking for too.

Well I ended up with 2 value reefbreeders fixtures, just in case I want to dim them. Plus to deal with a company in the USA. They have the color spectrum I was looking for too.

Let us know how it works out

I'm not sure I understand the question, but if you are referring to the panorama fixture linked above, I wouldn't want to keep sps/clams under 1 watt LEDs. So, that's the limit I speak of.

TheKikster said:
What do you guys think about this set for a 20 gallon High?

24 Inch Panorama Marine LED

That looks like a decent light for a small soft coral tank. For the price though, you may want to consider one or two Finnex Ray 2 fixtures. The Panorama does say it has independent white and blue controls but I'm not sure that means two separate cords for timers. If it does that would be a nice feature.

If you're looking for something high light for SPSs and a clam like Mr X was talking about, the dimmable Chinese fixtures would be way better but on a 20 it may be overkill.

If you're looking for something high light for SPSs and a clam like Mr X was talking about, the dimmable Chinese fixtures would be way better but on a 20 it may be overkill.
Maybe, but for roughly 150 bucks, you can turn it down half way if you need to. Cheaper than the Panorama.

Back
Top Bottom