Lighting your reef... Best bang for your buck.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
iPhone pics don't show the clarity. Very clean look LEDs are on 50 percent whites 75 blues.

Attachments

• image-123570729.jpg
    image-123570729.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 130
  • image-701010220.jpg
    image-701010220.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 152
Yeah exact same layout my friend has...I love my lights aswell as my coral just never home to adjust the dimming on them

I'm glad this thread was started last new years eve because without it I'd still have 4 t5 bulbs and no sps coral. I can't believe how much growth my sps have had under these taotronic fixtures in the last 4 months. They've been just great fixtures so far....

I cant stop this from growing! Id say each branch has at least a new inch and you can see where the tips are branching off into multiple branches, thats all new growth.

Attachments

• image-1931409801.jpg
    image-1931409801.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 114
For folks that have been running these lights for a while, what's their long-term performance looking like? I'm guessing that the first things to fail would be the fans, which are easy enough to replace. Hopefully, they last "long enough" to make the cost worthwhile, otherwise, having to replace them more than once would put the cost into the mid- to high-range fixtures sold elsewhere (just for the fixture, not counting potential livestock loss).

For folks that have been running these lights for a while, what's their long-term performance looking like? I'm guessing that the first things to fail would be the fans, which are easy enough to replace. Hopefully, they last "long enough" to make the cost worthwhile, otherwise, having to replace them more than once would put the cost into the mid- to high-range fixtures sold elsewhere (just for the fixture, not counting potential livestock loss).

Well you pay what you gets. You will gamble on it but because really just cost around 150 to 200 range, so it wouldn't be much of a lost even if you only use it for 6 month.

Over three months now and nothing but awesome growth all around. My Sps has doubled in size on average all the way across the board and my clams are taking off. Plenty of par coming off these fixtures and no problems at all.

Well you pay what you gets. You will gamble on it but because really just cost around 150 to 200 range, so it wouldn't be much of a lost even if you only use it for 6 month.

Yes, but if you wind up having to replace it 2 or 3 times in the course of 18 months, you might as well have bought a more expensive rig (which could still fail, but as you say, you get what you pay for...most of the time).

Yes, but if you wind up having to replace it 2 or 3 times in the course of 18 months, you might as well have bought a more expensive rig (which could still fail, but as you say, you get what you pay for...most of the time).

There's quite a few members of this forum that had there fixtures for well over a year

Repost;

I have about 30 of these Chinese panels running for over 2 years now. Have lost one panel and two drivers. They are pretty primitive inside, but work fine. At what they cost, I consider them expendable if they last at least 5 years. They grow coral very well, just don't underestimate them as they will burn corals.

If you're going to buy lights, at some point you have to make a choice. You can argue this point or that, but when it comes right down to it, the final choice is yours. If you feel paying $600 for a light and think that's the best option then do it. I picked up my light for $185 after taxes, etc. I'm happy it runs great and I don't regret my choice. I followed the advice of a very X-perienced refer and I'm happy I did, plus it came with a 2 year warranty. Good luck on what you choose.

Back
Top Bottom