Lighting your reef... Best bang for your buck.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I'm between reef breeders or Taotronics for my 29gal with a BTA and heavy coral load. Any advice on which brand/how many/what kind to get? Thanks in advance!

Grab 1 of the taotronics. I just picked up 2 of them for my 55g. I love em only had them for a week though.

I like the straight blue and white fixtures over the ones with the colors, but it's just a matter of personal preference. They will both grow corals and keep them colored up equally.

Here is the same coral in Feb then May. These are under the dimable 120 w ebays that are the same as taotronic lights...

Attachments

• acro feb.JPG
    acro feb.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 96
  • acro may.JPG
    acro may.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 100
I like the straight blue and white fixtures over the ones with the colors, but it's just a matter of personal preference. They will both grow corals and keep them colored up equally.

And I like the colored ones. But both are excellent. Matter of preference.

Theres so many lights to decide on. Im wishing we could see par readings on each of these lights to easily narrow it down for me.

Ya it lost a lot of pigment when I had the lights at 100% but its coming back now. It's also hard to get the true color cause the lights are so bright, it's much more green in person. Did bleach though so look out when setting these up. My newer sps are retaining their color.

Attachments

• image-3085601966.jpg
    image-3085601966.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 74
Are the lights still at 100%?. My funds should be available by the weekend. I'm going to get 3 taotronics dimmables.. .. On a side note.. Dang. The LA kings just beat the sharks... Lol

Are the lights still at 100%?. My funds should be available by the weekend. I'm going to get 3 taotronics dimmables.. .. On a side note.. Dang. The LA kings just beat the sharks... Lol

Good choice! You will be very happy with those lights! I'm gonna go with the reef breeders on my bext reef because of the built in timers, currently have taotronics. I have no complaints just like the fact that they are an all in one.

On a side note... Go kings! ;) whoop! We were there and it was an awesome end to a great series!

I got a set of these light coming in tomorrow, I Cant wait. On top of these lights also got glass lids, some fragging tools, and 2 Frags! Been Waiting all week for these lights, Got my timers set up along with my hanging system! Cant Wait!

Good choice! You will be very happy with those lights! I'm gonna go with the reef breeders on my bext reef because of the built in timers, currently have taotronics. I have no complaints just like the fact that they are an all in one.

On a side note... Go kings! ;) whoop! We were there and it was an awesome end to a great series!

I'm selling my rc stuff and will have funds by this weekend. So I'll be ordering the Taos.. And hawks will win tonight so we will be facing the kings next week. :)

I know! The price went down 4 days after I bought them for the original price it's been for months. So pissed lol!

since the price changed so close to when you ordered you should see if the'll give it to you than you would have enough to get a coral or 2 :cool:
I would be all over it if I got mine that close to there price change

Same thing happened to me Tommy, I went back to the page to see what model number my fixture was and it was $30 less. Lemme know if you get ahold of them.

Back
Top Bottom