Lighting your reef... Best bang for your buck.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got my tao tronics in 4 days off amazon.
I think the 10 footer for $8 dollars is an extension cords for computers that the cords to the lights hook up to.

supermart 168

lights came like 2 days after I ordered them

Did you get his full spectrum that also has the reds? After reading this thread, I'd rather just get blue and white.

On a separate note, wowza are his prices better than about everyone else....wonder why.

Lighting your reef...Best bang for your buck.

Well I finally got mine installed have yet figured out the intensity.....

And got to put the doors back on now.

Sorry about the quality of the picture.. Not the best.

Attachments

• new lights - 10-13-13.jpg
    new lights - 10-13-13.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 112
Well I finally got mine installed have yet figured out the intensity..... And got to put the doors back on now. Sorry about the quality of the picture.. Not the best.
what size tank is that? I'm currently debating upgrades and like the look of your tank

Not to happy with the color having trouble adjusting it to a color that I like.

My tank is a 125 gallon but not big enough for my fish that I have in there. I need either a 210 or a 220.

Did you get the straight blue and white units or the multicolored ones? Did you buy the ones with more blues than whites?

I received the full spectrum 120W Leds off ebay 2 weeks ago. I have been turning up the intensity a little each week after initially starting at 40%/40% . Should I continue until the fixture is at full power? or should i run the blues at 100% and whites closer to 70/80? At what point do the settings only matter for preference? I want to get into more light demanding corals down the road. Thanks!

I would acclimate everything to the strongest light you can, so when you get your light demanding corals, you won't shock everything else turning them up.

I would be concerned with the 165. It's probably really a 120. They are just multiplying 55x 3watts. When they are usually 3watt LEDs that are actually driven a little over 2 watts ea. I don't believe anyone pushes a full 3 watts through a 3 watt led.

As for full spectrum or not that is up to you. I'm quite happy with just the blue/white panels. Colors still pop(thanks to the blues). If you go blue/white I would recommend the 30blue/25white panels.

If you go blue/white I would recommend the 30blue/25white panels.

I hadn't even noticed there are other configurations; I assumed that they were all more of less clones of each other with the same number (or close enough) of blues and whites.

Obviously, one of these would be more than sufficient for a nano tank (20 high), but is there an option that is better suited to a tank this size than the Tao panels? I'm not looking to drop a 2nd mortgage to buy it, so if these are the "best" considering size, output, price, etc, I'm cool with that, too.

Back
Top Bottom