Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #911
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I has them running for 6 months . But constricted them in the canopy.. I'm repairing them and 2 are going over my 55 that I'm turning into an anemone tank

Old 05-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #912
Aquarium Advice Addict

i have a friend that just bought one for over his 12g nanocube, but his is open and nothing constricting heat dicipation

Old 05-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #913
Aquarium Advice FINatic

There very nice and sleek looking!! I would just keep them. But since I have to order from china. Mine as well just update.. Plus I'm gaining some funds since I'm selling out on my RC cars.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:58 AM   #914
Aquarium Advice Activist

Im iffy on these lights. I want to pull the trigger and buy them. But in a month or two I dont want to regret it and see my corals not growing. My buddy has them and loves them. But again, he has trouble growing zoas near the sandbed. Nothing is less than halfway up the tank and his corals dont grow! Ive seen the tank over a period of 6 months and it seems like the lights are just keeping the corals alive, not growing them.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #915
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPadelski View Post
Im iffy on these lights. I want to pull the trigger and buy them. But in a month or two I dont want to regret it and see my corals not growing. My buddy has them and loves them. But again, he has trouble growing zoas near the sandbed. Nothing is less than halfway up the tank and his corals dont grow! Ive seen the tank over a period of 6 months and it seems like the lights are just keeping the corals alive, not growing them.
Which lights are you speaking of exactly? Are we still talking about the Taotronics? If so, everything in my tank is growing like weeds. I would look to his water parameters.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #916
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My 50w floods are exactly like that in my 150.. I had a monti cap sitting midway in my tank for 3 months and no growth at all. Placed it 6 inches from the surface and within 3 weeks now its grown an inch.. Everything is sitting on top now and it's growing like crazy. I hope the taotronics will allow me to put corals back thru out the tank.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #917
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have clams and sps on the sand bed that have doubled in size since their additions. No worries.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #918
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Good deal! Ill be buying 3 of the taotronics .. Does it really make that big of a difference if I go dimmable or non dimmable? There non dimmable model is just as powerful isn't it? Or is it old enough it's out dates?
Old 05-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #919
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Out dated .. Sorry
Old 05-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #920
Aquarium Advice Addict

I am using mostly non-dimmable units over my tank, since the dimmables weren't available back then, and yes, they are just as powerful, however the color is the color. In other words, you can adjust the amount of white and blue to make your tank look exactly the way you want, whereas I cannot. Luckily, I like the color as it is. Also, I can't keep some LPS happy under the fixtures at full strength, and I can't turn them down to accommodate.
Get the dimmable units.

Tags
light, lighting, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com