Lighting your reef... Best bang for your buck.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone have /love the Fluval Sea and Reef? For low light corals, I am looking at the Nano.

I understand they will be half price at Petco for black friday sale?

Anyone have /love the Fluval Sea and Reef? For low light corals, I am looking at the Nano.

I understand they will be half price at Petco for black friday sale?

Not worth it IMO, I've got the nano version (first light I had over my 10) and it left shrooms reaching for light directly under it. Even at half price I think it's the same, or close, to a par38 from reefkoi which I'm currently using. If you really want to try the fluval let me know, I'll sell you mine for cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Anything from Petco is fish only, no reefer is going to buy anything from there, they know that and would never carry the overhead

Okay I know this thread is kind of out of date but need some advice.

Per Tao Tronics they will no longer be making their Led Light fixtures “AL09, AL12 & AL16” any other suggestions for good but inexpensive led light fixtures?

Check out ocean revive on Amazon, very similar lights and they seem to have some pretty good reviews

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Okay I know this thread is kind of out of date but need some advice.

Per Tao Tronics they will no longer be making their Led Light fixtures “AL09, AL12 & AL16” any other suggestions for good but inexpensive led light fixtures?

There are still tons that are the exact same light, taotronics was just one of the companies that was importing them if I remember correctly.

There are still tons that are the exact same light, taotronics was just one of the companies that was importing them if I remember correctly.

Bingo. Mine is a Xen-lux. I don't think they are around anymore as well but their are lights identical to mine. They are bridgelux LEDs and mine seem to work great for the cheap price. EBay is where its happening, just do you thorough reading and research.

I have a few different ones. Taotronics, I have a "Mars Aqua", and some with no name. I think I got the no-name ones from a guy who calls himself "topledseller". I've also purchased from "ecotachi", and "supermart168" . All of these fixtures are basically the same. Some add optics and different colors, but they all grow corals.

Sorry...the Mars Aqua fixture I just got was from a guy who calls himself "hydroponicwholesaleinc2014".

Is the Mars Aqua fixture you have one of those full spectrum types that have the lens? And how do you like it?

Yes, it is, and I like it, except for the lenses. I tore those off. Now it has a nice, wide spread.

Thank for the info. So the factory lenses focused it straight down ok? Was it a spot light type effect? I like the looks of their 300 watt fixture. Wonder if it would be overkill on a 40 breeder, or if it would just need to be turned down. I like how its long to fit a tank from end to end better with just 1 panel. The price is definitely right for what its supposedly offering. Here is one on eBay:

Dimmable Spectrum 300W LED Aquarium Light Fresh Salt Water Reef Coral Grow Panel | eBay

Yes, I didn't like the very narrow spread. It increased the spread 3 times as large by removing the lenses. That would be fine for your tank, though you'll be turning it down for sure. If I was putting that over a 40b, I'd rip off the lenses as well.

Yes, I didn't like the very narrow spread. It increased the spread 3 times as large by removing the lenses. That would be fine for your tank, though you'll be turning it down for sure. If I was putting that over a 40b, I'd rip off the lenses as well.

Ok thanks.

Back
Top Bottom