Lighting your reef... Best bang for your buck.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know these lights produce a little heat when they're cranked up, you concerned about evaporation or extra temps at the surface level?

with the three fans on the light mine always feels cool it's like the a/c is on low in that room
since I went led my temp dropped 8* degrees in the tank

One way to mount Chinese LED panels in that type of hood would be to cut out rectangles in the hood top so the wires, dimmer knobs and switches are accessible. It's a good choice for functionality and ventilation but it's extreme. Otherwise you can just mount them inside the hood. Just make sure you don't pinch the power cords and you can still get your hand in to reach the dimmers.

I had not thought of this. I think that would be my best move. There is not a whole lot of room. Thanks!

That looks nice. Is that your 60 gallon? are you using two 120s there? The light intensity looks a bit low. How bright is it really?

Yes it is a 60 and I'm still acclimating the corals So what you see is not even fifty percent.those are two 120's.

Would these fixtures (the TaoTronics) be too much for a 20 gallon nano, or would individual bulbs be better?

dmolavi, I think 120 w would be fine for your 20gl - if you read through the entire thread. half of that would be perfect for a 10gl.

Hey Mr. X, I'm gonna be firing up my 40b soon. Do you think one of the Tao's will be good for me? Or will I need two?

If its 36" long you'll need 2 unless you run 120° optics and place the light higher but then sps will more then likely be a bit low on light.

Hey Mr. X, I'm gonna be firing up my 40b soon. Do you think one of the Tao's will be good for me? Or will I need two?

I just hung one over my 40 10inch above water , it covers whole tank perfect very little shadowing(y)

comp crashed so dont have picts right now
but there are a few in my signiture below

I hung one over my 36" tank and it covers pretty well at 10" above the water, but the sides are bit more shadowed then normal.

Good to know I only need to buy one more then. I'm going to keep my 10g going and reduce the amount of LR. Keep some cuc in there and prolly make it a frag tank or something nifty like that. Any suggestions on what to do with an extra 10g that's already cycled and getting established?

Back
Top Bottom