lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello!!! I have 20 gal. long tank<30 inch.long, 12 inch high > I used it sometimes as my QT. But know I have a lot of frags, I really enjoy make them and watch how they grow into big corals. I need your advice on lighting. Right now Im using 2-20W only 24 inch long compact fluorescent by Current. They do fine but i know they could use more light, plus my 24 inch light is to short. I see Current makes 30 inch T-5 but they are only 2-24W. That is not a lot more then i have right now.What do You guys think? Please help me !!! I think it should be more then 48W? Maybe You can suggest something.

48w of T5 HO light is A LOT better than 40w of PC. T5 HO has better penetration and PAR than PC. Current also makes the Nova Extreme Pro's which you might want to check out.

Thom is correct. That and the fact that the refectors on a t-5 unit are better at focusing the light into the AQ. The smaller (thinner) t-5's give off less shadow and more usable light.

Back
Top Bottom