Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbree13

Aquarium Advice Activist
A 45 gallon tank (36 L x 12 W x 24 H)

Would a 36" quad t5 HO light work on that tank for corals? Would I be able to keep higher light corals if I placed them on Rock near the top of the tank?
Please let me know! Thank you!

I think you will be fine for most softies.. And polyps... But for high light coral.. I think your still gonna need a halide.

It's possible ..... I'm relatively new to corals my self... Im simply telling you what I've been told.

That's my next big purchase I think LED reef lighting... I would need atleast 2 of the ones you got

They are about $150 on ebay now I think. lol Pretty cheap in the long run seeing as how a good T5 fixture will run at least $300. If anything this led is TOO bright...lol I;ve been very careful with my coral placement but still managed to burn out an acan on the sandbed. :-(

Gotta say they look spectacular too, specially with just the blues on. The corals literally glow under the blue light. lol

Yeah... I want them !!!! All I have are some hairy shrooms .., orange zoa's.. And a leather. I am running a mixed system of 4 t5s two ate HO and two aren't... Don't ask

Back
Top Bottom