lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madmilkman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone have the Current USA freshwater satellite led plus lights? And if so, what is your opinion of them?

I have a set on both of my tanks. I got them right after they came out and haven't had any issues. So far we've been pleased with them. The only real thing I think that would make it a nicer setup is some sort of timer or controller so you don't have to manually switch from day to night lighting. There was a pretty long thread about them on this site, you should be able to find it in a search.

It wasn't me yesterday but I appreciate the info. Thinking of putting them on my 90 gallon. Going to do a cichlid tank.

It wasn't me yesterday but I appreciate the info. Thinking of putting them on my 90 gallon. Going to do a cichlid tank.
I believe they are bringing out an updated version in January. Brighter and with a timer too!!. It might save you from needing 2 of the existing version??....They are dimmable already by the remote, so if the new version is too bright, it gives you the option to reduce the light. Again, Brian can answer this better than me.

The timer would be nice to have. Wonder about the price though

The timer would be nice to have. Wonder about the price though
No official word on the price yet but Brian thinks they might not be too much more than the current versions price. Buildmyled.com is another option. Very good reputation and you design it to your needs. I'm not sure if there is a timer option for them. Check them out. They are very reasonable for what you get. Remember too, good LED's fixtures tend to be a bit more expensive initially but are worth it IMO...... average 50,000hrs lifespan. Do the maths, that's a LONG time!!!
PS....I'm getting 14yrs!!!

My problem with the new version will be waiting until January. I've owned my tank for months but just moved it to my house a few days ago. I have my filters running on a friends 200 gallon tank and been doing as much research as I van for a few months
Not sure if I can wait much longer to get set up. I need to show patients like I'm trying to teach my daughter but its hard when I'm this close lol. I have all I need except a light

My problem with the new version will be waiting until January. I've owned my tank for months but just moved it to my house a few days ago. I have my filters running on a friends 200 gallon tank and been doing as much research as I van for a few months
Not sure if I can wait much longer to get set up. I need to show patients like I'm trying to teach my daughter but its hard when I'm this close lol. I have all I need except a light
What about setting up a temp light until then. You can use an office light/lamp with a cf bulb. I know it's hard but I reckon it's worth the wait. I know I have made mistakes when picking out equipment because I am a very impatient person. It's up to you of course but if you can wait, you should....

Yeah. I think I will wait until the new ones are out. I wouldn't want to buy some now only to buy more in a month. If I had more than one tank I might do it.

Yeah. I think I will wait until the new ones are out. I wouldn't want to buy some now only to buy more in a month. If I had more than one tank I might do it.
I think your making the right decision. I have bought equipment in the past only to regret not waiting or spending that few extra bob and getting something better. It not too far away anyway......
Make sure you update this thread and post some pictures of it. I'm very interested in getting this light myself....

Back
Top Bottom