Lights for 3ft deep tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrwizard

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all, just after some opinions if possible, my saltwater tank is 3ft deep, I've currently got a 120w twin halides with led moonlights fixture but not sure if this is the way to go, I have about £700-£800 to spend so if any one can suggest a better light or even a led fixture that would be great. Thanks for any replies.

I've been looking at these two, I'd need to get two of both tho, 1st would cost about £1200 for 2, 2nd about £300 for 2, any opinions?

mrwizard said:
I've been looking at these two, I'd need to get two of both tho, 1st would cost about £1200 for 2, 2nd about £300 for 2, any opinions?

Get the second one.

Ibrahim said:
Get the second one.

I like that one as its the cheapest but do you think it'll be good enough to penetrate thru to the bottom of the tank? I think there 120w.

mrwizard said:
I like that one as its the cheapest but do you think it'll be good enough to penetrate thru to the bottom of the tank? I think there 120w.

Get the 300w version and you'll be good. How long is the tank?

Ibrahim said:
Get the 300w version and you'll be good. How long is the tank?

Tank is 3ft long, 2ft front to back 3ft top to bottom. I haven't seen the 300w ones only the 120w I'll have a look for the 300w ones now. Thx

mrwizard said:
Tank is 3ft long, 2ft front to back 3ft top to bottom. I haven't seen the 300w ones only the 120w I'll have a look for the 300w ones now. Thx

Mhm no problem :)

Ibrahim said:
Mhm no problem :)

Think I found some, found 1 300w fixture but I'd have to get two to fit my tank, or I could get the larger one that would fit my tank on its own but it's 600w would that be too much? Sorry for all the questions, I've spent alot on the tank and equipment I just wanna get the right lights lol.

Forgot the pics

Ibrahim said:
2 fixtures should be enough.

Lovely, just measured my tank 2, it's about 2ft 2in tall not 3ft, its 3ft including the wooden border round the top. Thank you for the replies, really appreciate it.

Decided to get two ai sol units and controller, thank you for your input, I appreciate it.

mrwizard said:
Decided to get two ai sol units and controller, thank you for your input, I appreciate it.

Ooh great! They look great and I forgot about those. You definitely went with the right choice.

mr_X said:
Make sure you get the SOL blues, not the SOL whites!

Are the sol whites no good then?
These are the ones I'm getting, not sure which ones they are to be honest.

The SOL whites don't look very good. The blues are what you want. I don't see it written anywhere in the description. I would call the vendor and ask them to be sure. SOL super blue I believe they are called.

mr_X said:
The SOL whites don't look very good. The blues are what you want. I don't see it written anywhere in the description. I would call the vendor and ask them to be sure. SOL super blue I believe they are called.

Ok thanks, I'm emailing the seller as we speak so i will ask. Hopefully there the super blue.

mr_X said:

Just searched for the sol super blues and had a look at the specs and there the same apart from the unit I'm getting has 16 white LEDs the super blue has 8, so hopefully these are the right ones. Thanks mr x

Back
Top Bottom