Little floaty bits in the water will not clear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clifford_69

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had my 125L tank up and running for about a month and a half and after adding a bristlenose plec, an angel fish and 3 clown loaches the water was crystal clear, but now the really small was bits of waste don't ever seem to clear.

I have an external filter which I done a full clean on including all tubes.

The filter is a auquamanta efx 200.

Also I don't seem to feel much pull on the inlet, it does pull but not what I would expect. View attachment 235650

You can see all the little bits in the pic attached.

It looks like general waste. I would check if that filter is suitable for your sized tank or maybe it's just not functionally properly? No other idea's sorry

I checked it the best I could all seems to be working fine.

The outlet is blowing out water really well.

The filter says it goes up to 200L

Ok do you do water changes if so how much and how often?

Sorry but I am confused as to why your water is like this? Hopefully someone else can help?

Do you think the filter is not strong enough to clear the sediment or that the filter is not good enough?

My filter intakes are at the bottom so it takes time to clear sediment in the upper tank. I've added an extra filter to get better flow. It has a skimmer which I should look at using.

There are many people that are better than me at getting the most out of filters. I understand purigen gives excellent results. Better than carbon I would say although I have only used carbon.

The problem you are having is a lack of gallons per hour on the filter for the amount of fish that you have. It is possible that your fish are now larger than when you first got them and are producing more waste. You have to either feed your fish less or keep fewer fish or get a filter with a higher gallons per hour rating. Make sure all fish food is consumed within 2 minutes or less.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I played with it today and the problem was the flow rate coming back into the tank was picking up sand and debris from the bottom so I have adjusted the spaybar with bigger holes and it has cleared up within an hour or so

Back
Top Bottom