Looking for a 30x18 Hood (where?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-=Jeff=-

Aquarium Advice Freak
I need a 30x18 hood for my 50g. I found on online but the place is out of stock..

Any suggestions on where I might be able to find one?

Actually, the best bet would be to buy some 3/16" hinge and backsplash strip and get some 3/16" thick plate glass cut to size locally. Acrylic scratches too easily for a top.

you know.. I could use the shorter depth 30" for the 29g and then use a piece of acrylic for the back.. or get 2 of the shorter ones to make one.. bunch of different options, just looking for the best most cost effective way to make it work

I could make a wood canopy too, I just don't like the light sitting ont he top of the tank with nothing between it and water

Looks like Marineland Perfecto makes one that might work

30" x 18" 56 Column, (also fits 30 Breeder) prod #34300 UPC # 0 4749734300 5

just need to actually find one

Looked on Amazon

Could this help? It is at Amazon--no light but a canopy so you could do lighting above it I assume...

Perfecto Canopies are the economical, yet stylish way to top off your aquarium. With a polypropylene hinge for easy access to your tank, as well as a plastic back strip that can be cut for heaters, filters, etc., these canopies provide protection for your fish while allowing you to customize your lighting setup. Long-lasting performance, made to fit all Perfecto Aquariums. Designed for 30B and 56 Column Perfecto Aquariums. Not guaranteed to fit other brands of aquariums

Amazon.com: Marineland Perfecto Glass Canopy 30 in. x 18 in.: Home & Garden

Cool, missed that one.. That might work.. inside is approx 29-1/8 x 17-1/8

Wonder what the specific dimensions of that hood are..

Called about the perfecto.. according to them it is only for perfect tanks and is 30x18, I need actual size of 29x17.

I cut a piece of Acrylic I had around to fit for now..

at least I will not need to rush to get something

Back
Top Bottom