looking for a good Filter/pump for a 30 gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeffs10

Aquarium Advice Activist
i'm setting up a 30 gallon tank. I looking for a good filtration system for freshwater tank could anyone suggest a really good one. Not one that you pick up at walmart. One maybe i could order online. that will help keep my water nice and clean and clear.

you you recemend getting a bigger filter like one up to say 50 - 75 would that be better or worse for a tank.

Definatly better, you can never have too much filtration on a tank. And if you have lots of filtration, you can support a bigger bioload

Try a Filistar XP3, I have one on my 30gal and have had no problems. My water is crystal clear and and the fish are very healthy. I ordered mine online through PetsMart from the US and it was an excellent price about $115. You'll swear by canister filters afterward!

I run a Penguin 170 on my 29gal FW which has a large bioload in it, and I never see ammonia and my water is crystal.

Thanks for all the great help i most likely will run a bigger pump becasue its a comminty and i most likely will have alot of guppies

i have a Penguin 330 in my 55 gal tank. it has worked preffect since ive had it. granted i have 2 other filters in the tank also, but one of my friends has one in his 30 gal by itself and the water is clear and clean.

Back
Top Bottom