looking for an inline uv sterilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SgtSparkles

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Would prefer an option that would maybe replace a portion of uplift tubes below a power head or replacing a powerhead if built into the uv sterilizer but would still connect to the uplift tubes. Does that make sense at all?

I've never done it but have heard of people doing it off plastic piping or they run a split line off the plastic piping so they can control flow. I don't think I've heard of anyone doing what you're thinking but makes a lot of sense. Did you try googling inline uv units - fittings I thinking might be hardest part. Also depends on what you want (eg green algae control would be fine), but UV units generally do better with slow flow for more residence time against bulb, we tend to prefer high flow in filters.

Google American Aquarium, awesome site with tons of great information. They sell true level 1 sterilizers (which I purchased) they are not ridiculously expensive and they are and will help you with anything regarding them.

Would prefer an option that would maybe replace a portion of uplift tubes below a power head or replacing a powerhead if built into the uv sterilizer but would still connect to the uplift tubes. Does that make sense at all?
I have mine running off a maxi jet 900. If that's what you mean.

Back
Top Bottom