Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-14-2015, 03:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Looking for hood+lights for 75g!

Hey guys, sorry for clogging another thread in here but im stumped. I have a 75 gallon (48"x18"x20"tall) that i will be working on setting up, and did not include a hood or lights. And im not finding anything for hoods for this size of a tank, aside from a glass canopy. Is this pretty much the only option i have, or does someone know of a compete hood this size that would be better? Being glass, i couldnt see much room for customization for filters (i have an AC110, and was thinking i could also possibly add my AC70 since i have it anyways). And i beleive it says the hinges are held by double-sided tape, which makes me wonder how durable it will be in the long run after feeding multiple times a day lol

Any suggestions for a hood and/or lights for this size of tank? For lights im looking mainly to accent the fish's colors and id like to try my hand at a couple plants. Although i havent gone for real plants yet so i wont be jumping in full blown yet. Do i even need a hood, or will evaporation not be a horrible issue with weekly water changes? Never had a tank this size before and i always had a hood. My fish stock shouldnt be of the "flying" variety lol

EDIT: Forgot the link to the glass canopy

Daven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:00 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Upon further reasearch it seems every glass canopy is made for the tanks with a center brace. Which mine does not have... So im stumped on what to do. I could go without a top, aside from my lighting issue. Now for the lights i figured i could just pick up a shop light housing for two 48" 6500k t8s. Picked it up for $30, so definately no complaints there and seems like plenty of light for now. With a glass top i figured i wouldnt have to worry about water causing issues with it, but since it looks like i might not be able to find a cover im not sure what to do. Any ideas?
Daven is offline   Reply With Quote

hood, light, lights, 75g

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com